Commercial and Residential General Contractor Serving
Montgomery County, Delaware County, Bucks County, Berks County, Chester County, Lancaster County and Southeastern PA including:
Professional Office Renovations ·
Retail and Restaurant Remodeling
Historical Preservations and Restorations · Excavation Services
New Commercial Buildings · Residential Remodeling and Additions
Federal Historic Exterior Restoration - Phoenixville, Chester County, PA
Click the thumbnails to load the large images
Federal Historic Exterior Restoration
- The existing stone portion of the building was structurally sound.
- The roof was neglected for decades resulting in structural failure due to the water damage.
- After the roof was made structurally sound, we replaced all of the fascia and crown molding
trim at the eves.
- We added a layer of plywood to create a smooth surface to accept the Vermont Greenstone Slate
shingles, lead coated copper flashings and aluminum ice dams.
- We removed all of the existing windows, made all of the repairs to the damaged areas around the
windows and installed the new JeldWen® windows.
- We removed all of the exterior doors, made repairs to the doors and reinstalled the doors with new
- Then we painted all of the woodwork on the exterior of the building.
- The interior needed massive renovation including re-plastering nearly all of the walls and
ceilings and several floors needed to completely rebuilt.
- And to bring everything up to code, we removed a window, installed a new door and provided a
handicap accessible ramp to the building.
GBR Construction, Inc.
601 Ridge Road
Spring City, PA 19475
484-369-8540 · Fax: 484-369-8541
Licensed and Insured
PA REG #000609